PAPER MACHE LAMP SHADES : PUERTO VALLARTA CANOPY TOURS.
Paper Mache Lamp Shades
- papier-mache: a substance made from paper pulp that can be molded when wet and painted when dry
- Papier-mâché (French for 'chewed-up paper', due to its appearance), commonly miscalled paper-mâché, is a construction material that consists of pieces of paper, sometimes reinforced with textiles, stuck together using a wet paste (e.g., glue, starch, or wallpaper adhesive).
- a technique for creating forms by mixing wet paper pulp with glue or paste. The form hardens as it dries, and becomes suitable for painting. Although paper mâché is a French word which literally means "chewed paper", it was originated by the Chinese – the inventors of paper.
- (lamp shade) lampshade: a protective ornamental shade used to screen a light bulb from direct view
- (Lamp shade) A lampshade is a fixture that covers the lightbulb on a lamp to diffuse the light it emits. Conical, cylindrical and other forms on floor-, desk- or table top-mounted as well as suspended lamp models are the most common and are made in a wide range of materials.
- (Lamp Shade) The shade serves the important function of blocking the glare from a light bulb and is usually the most decorative part of a lamp. The lamp shade can be made of glass, fabric, metal, or other more creative materials.
paper mache lamp shades – Papier-Mache Monsters:
Dan Reeder has been building papier- and cloth mache monsters for more than three decades. He is the author of The Simple Screamer: A Guide to the Art of Papier and Cloth Mache, and Make Something Ugly for a Change: The Definitive Guide to Papier and Cloth Mache. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
Learn more secrets at papermachemonsters.com.
Step-by-step instructions for creating papier-mache monstrosities
Shades of Egypt
paper mache lamp shades
This is a book of papier-mache projects ranging from the simple to the ambitious. Clear instructions, accompanied by color photos convey how to make animals, monsters and home decor items such as trays, bowls and paperweights — 16 exciting kinds of projects in all. Beautifully photographed opening spreads introduce each creation.
All forms of papier-mache construction are discussed and there is an extensive section on finishing techniques. The beautiful results of this satisfying craft are conveyed by color photographs on each page. Papier-mache is accessible and rewarding for people of all ages.